I have a minor herniated disk, and i twisted in a bad way. What could be the reason of having pain now ?

I have a minor herniated disk ( L5-s1). I take good care of it but sometimes i just forget about my condition and then I get into a really bad situation. I think i twisted in a bad way and have gotten into a really bad situation. Now standing straight is causing really excruciating pain in my lower back which is radiation to my thighs a bit. The pain is also radiating outwards from the center of my lower back. I am getting relief while sitting. Usually its the otherway round i.e my back starts hurting after prolonged sitting and standing used to cause relief. My question is whether I have injured by disc again or it can be something else.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011