I have a marble sized mass in the left side of my scrotum, can it be the early stage of testicular cancer ?

Hi all, Im a 27 year old male with a history of cancer in my family, although none testicular. Recently I found a marble sized mass in the left side of my scrotum . It is on the bottom of my testicle, non-free floating, and more towards the front part of the testicle. It is painless to the touch and feels moderately firm. I havent had any trauma to the area and am in good physical shape. Unfortunately I do not have heath insurance at this time but am thinking about scheduling an appointment with a doctor to have it checked. Ive been doing some research but im getting mixed results as to what this may be - most common being hydrocele , varicocele , however my symptoms are a bit off on each. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated, thank you for your time. Chris
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011