I have a lump on the side of my face, please help

I have this lump on the side of my face in front of my ear ? Kinda hurts ? Any clue what it could be? Please help.!
Asked On : Sun, 26 Sep 2010
I have a similar sounding lump it's red and kind of painful. Larger inside my skin than protruding out. I've had it for about a month and feel it is getting bigger...
Pediatrician Dr. Santosh Kondekar's  Response
is it recent or since birth. there are some skin tags that may be present since birth. if it is recently formed lump. i would like to know if it is red, growing in size or very painful. if painful, it may be suggestive of infection like say boil or furuncle. at times infections around face area can be serious and can spread deep inside. pls post a picture and detailed history.