I have a lump and hurts when I press it, kindly help me

I have noticed that my stomache has became very swollen and have notice when i press below my belly button all the way across i have a lump and hurts when i press it. ive seen my GP last tuesday and she wants an emergency scan. But still not heard any thing back about an appointment. i am really worried what it might be. Please can u help me.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Jan 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Are you having regular periods?Actually the nature of lump can be told only after an ultrasound scan as there are so many stuctures in our abdomen that it is difficult to localise clinically from where the lump is arising.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal