I have a large painful lump on my forehead. Is this something I should get checked out ?

I have a large lump that appears on my forehead which is painful and comes with headache. Today it is very painful is this something i should seek medical advice on Around 15 years ago I hit heads with someone, I stood up as they squatted down and we bashed foreheads. Since then the bump reappears every month or so sometimes more frequent. Today its quite large like half a brazil nut and the whole front of my head is pounding and my eyes hurt. To touch it is hard and painful and can last a few days. My partner jokes i m turning into a unicorn and my daughter thinks I look like something out of star trek. Is this something I should get checked out. The trouble is if i make an appointment by the time i see the doctor it may not be there! Thanks Jo
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Get the C.T.scan done & consult neurosurgeon.Intermittent appearance of bump/lump is
quite unusual.Disclaimer
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
its very surprising to have something appear on & off but doesnt seem to be any big problem as such but i would suggest you consult a doctor soon. i have a strong feeling its just a lipoma, which is accumulation of fat which you noticing on & off. but its worth while to have an evaluation done.