I have a large bump on my eyelid for about three months now. Is it dangerous?

I have a large bump on my eyelid for about three months now..I think I had a sty first because it really hurt at first and then it developed into an bump. I was treating it with hot compresses but to my frusteration nothing was happening. My eye would just get puffy and look all swollen. SO after two weeks I stopped the compresses and then I had a bump appear on my eye. My question is can I still take care of this from home or will I need to get it removed? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011