I have a huge bump in my arm by my elbow. What could be this ?

hi im 12 years old im a girl and my arm started hurting i don't know why though so i felt my arm and there were no bumps but i pressed down and there is this huge bump in my arm by my elbow and i don't know what to do. and it is no were else on my body
Asked On : Mon, 10 May 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Hi there, with this limited history, diagnosis could be difficult things like duration, site, history of any blunt injury , acute/ chronic etc etc are important. Best thing is , to contact your family physician or the surgeon for a thorough diagnosis.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Dear mikala,
Welcome to HCM.
Since you can feel an abnormal bump in the arm near your elbow, you should consult an orthopedic surgeon, if the bump feels hard otherwise you can consult a general surgeon and let him examine the swelling and do the necessary investigations to diagnose the condition and advise and treat accordingly.
Please do not ignore the swelling.
Wishing you all the best.