I have a history of Ecezma, after mosquito bite toe swelled up

Hi doctor , I am Smitha from Singapore. I have a history of Ecezma when i was young. My problem now is that I got bitten by a mosquito on my Right big toe yesterday. When i woke up this morning, my big toe was swelled up and it is numb. I did not scratch on the insect bite too. May i know what is the cause of it swelling and causing numbness?.
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011
Hi! Smitha,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Before answering your query ,I would like to know few things here :
1) Is the lesion itchy.
2) Any water filled lesions.
3) any pain over the lesion.
4) your age.
It might be a insect bite reaction ,but we have to rule out other conditions as well.
Kindly answer my above questions so that we can help you further.
Hi Dr.Chawda,
1) The lesion is itchy.
2) It is not filled with any water.
3) There is'nt any pain when there is no movement of the toe but when i try to move it and stretch it upwards, there is pain and numbness over the area and its warm when being touched.
4) I'm 20 years old.

Dr.Chawda, what suggestion can you give me for my condition. I do frequently get Insect Bites but not till to the extand of it swelling and causing numbness. Is that any sign of infection??