I have a heart condition and i want to go to the dentist , will this effect my heart problem?

I have a heart condition and i want to go to the dentist , will this effect my heart problem? I have a heart condition and i have had it since i was 11, i was born with a hole in my heart and i have had surgery to close the whole in my heart and to fix a valve in my heart, two of my chambers are enlarged and i also have irregular heart beat. I also have a pace maker that is not working and the battery is already drained. I need to see a dentist because my teeth need braces and i want to get them checked and straightened but I am afraid that it will effect my heart condition. What should i do?.......can i see the dentist with a doctors consent?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009