I have a hard pea-sized nodule that has appeared inside my tongue, What could this be ?

Hi, I am a 31 year-old female 5 7 120 lbs. I have a hard pea-sized nodule that has appeared inside my tongue, near the midline and toward the front. It has gotten bigger throughout the day and become increasingly more painful. It is affecting my speech and causing tooth and jaw pain now. I have noticeable swelling on the affected half of my tongue as well as some visible redness directly over the lump. Additionally, I am recovering from a mild cold, sore throat , and pink-eye (not sure if that s related). What could this be, and should I go to the ER or make an appt. with my doctor in the morning?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011