I have a hard painful lump under collarbone ( center of sternum ).

hard, painful LUMP under collarbone- center of sternum. HELP plz! I have noticed a hard lump (size of a large grape ) right below and center of my collarbone- (I noticed this three days ago, with pain to the slightest touch). Almost three years ago I broke both femurs and bruised my spleen in an auto accident-- Unsure if this is related? Throughout my healing process, I lost 50+ pounds and have struggled with mantaining my weight of 112lbs now. (I am a 26yr old female). I see my doctor regularly, but didnt want to make an extra appoinment if not necessary. Any suggestions, idea?!? THank you in advance!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011