I have a bump on the left side of my vagina. Is this Ingrown hair or herpes ?

So I have a bump on the left side of my vagina, a few centimeters above the hood of my clitarus, and close to my pubic area. It hurts, and its slightly red. At first I thought it was just acne from sweat, but it hurt too badly to be a piple... Now I m worried its a herpe. It doesnt hurt to pee or anything either. But my partner doesnt carry the virus. I shaved about 4 days ago, so theres a chance it could be an ingrown hair. Though, I think i have a healthy vagina because it doesnt have a foul odor, nor do I have any discharges. I ve tried determining what it is myself, but there are some sites that say, a herpe can appear as an ingrown hair. The bump isnt a blister, but it is painful. please, help me out?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011