I have a bump on my left nipple what can it be ?

I just had a baby 9 days ago and I have a bump on my left nipple what can it be ?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jun 2010
Bump on the nipple in the post partum period is most commonly an infected mammary gland duct. This is mostly treated with the help of antibiotics and maintaining a good hygiene. You need to consult your gynecologist for prescription of proper antibiotics. Do continue to express milk from this breast irrespective of the infection.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

There's a range of things it could be. But no matter what you think it is, it has to be checked.
It can range anywhere to a little cyst, or a bug bite maybe, to something like Breast cancer.

I suggest you go get it checked by a doctor, and get a biopsy of it.

Hope i helped