I have a SGPT of 69 and fatty liver

Hi Doctor... My SGPT is 69 and having fatty liver ..... I drink alcohol occasionally..... Is it serious???
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your SGPT is marginally increased. Presence of fatty liver indicates possible reversible liver damage if you stop drinking alcohol and eating fatty food. You need to eat more green leafy vegetables, do brisk walking everyday to reduce the cholesterol if high in your blood. Are you on any medication now. Kindly do Lipid tests also to know your heart risk as well.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Stop taking alcohol,now taking alcohol may be red signal to your liver.
fatty liver may go for serious changes and more irreversible liver damage.
Avoid fatty and fried things.
ok and bye.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
read your prob , do not worry 69 SGPT considered in normal limit. you have been suffering from fatty liver may be this is due to alcohol or your over weight.
you should start any liver tonic 10ml three times a day for 4 to 5 month. it prevent furthre damage of your liver.
Dr aseem 9982583020