I have Sinus Tachycardia, and my resting pulse is usually between 100-120bpm

Hello, I was told about 3 years ago that I have Sinus Tachycardia, and my resting pulse is usually between 100-120bpm. I am a 25yr old female and I am 5'6" and weigh approximately 310lbs. I have lost about 30lbs already by eating right, but I am finding that I am staggering and need to exercise, well I lifted weights and got on the treadmill this past weekend and I noticed my pulse got up to about 160bpm. I need to know if this is safe for me? I have never consulted with a Dr. regarding my tachycardia and putting exercise on top of that. Please let me know any comments and advice! Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 16 Mar 2010