I have Red/purple blood spots on the top (inside) of my legs. what are they and are they anything to worry about ?

I am 22 years old, im a mother, i am 17st and i am 5ft4.. For the past 3 years i have been getting huge spots, (the size of a milk bottle lid) they are on the top (inside) of my legs.. i went to a doctor and she told me to squeeze them and told me to keep them clean.. these spots are too painful to squeeze and pop, so i manage to pierce them and squeeze them that way.. all i get out of these spots are a huge amounts of blood but i dont get any puss out of these spots. what are they and are they anything to worry about ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. It can be due to boils or cysts. Apply warm compresses and some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. You can also apply topical antibiotic creams. However if the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. You have to consult your dermatologist then.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
are these spots raised from skin level, are you having anticoagulant drugs or drugs like disprin are they red or bluish in colour are you hypertensive.
my above question are to rule out patechial haemorrhage in which no major treatment is needed they resolve of their own but cause need be cured. In other causes have blood purifiers and coagulants have haridra khand with bol parpiti.
  Anonymous's Response

it could be because of inflammation that your pimples hurt it could be treated with some antibiotic cream which could be prescribed to you by your dermatologist after examination

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.