I have 7mm cyst in my gallbladder. Can it be cancer?

hi i have 7mm cyst in my gallbladder and have advised to remove coz it may be cancer?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
There are chances that the cyst might get infected and cause cholecystitis (Iflamamtion of Gall Bladder). It is always better you get it removed surgically (Cholecystectomy) to prevent any future complications.
Good Luck and Take Care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

A cyst in the gall bladder does not mean a cancer, it is just a growth with some fluid inside, this may lead to pressure symptoms and some enzyme changes causing pain , fever, etc if infected, hence would have been advised for removal

Do not worry, go for the procedure if advised

Good wishes