I had yellow diarrhea , What should I do ?

2 days ago i pooped out a clear jelly. then about 20 min later i had diarrhea which is a yellow color with very painful gas. What do i do?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
The ENT has done a colonoscopy and some lab tests (blood only) and says I am "perfectly healthy" I continue--about once or twice in every 2 weeks to have explosive, unxontrolled btight yellow diarrhea--the Ent says this is "IBS"---- Bull-----. I am not having any pain, and I had an ultrasound done of my gall bladder which was normal. BTW, this has been going on for over 4 years now.

I have no constipation and am up to taking 4-5 immodium at a time so that I can at least go out to the grocery store once a week. But I have no abdoninal pain, ever.

I am fed up with the doctors here who don't seem to care or know anything. What should I do next?

Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

If this has started recently in a day or two , you probably have an infection. You should visit your physician and get a stool examination done to know the presence of infection.Further antibiotic course can be prescribed.

If you are having these for long , you might be having a Chronic infection with Giardia or Irritable bowel syndrome.Please visit your Gastroenterologist for further evaluation.

In both the cases you should maintain adequate hydration and salts in your body taking water , juices , to avoid dehydration.

General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
you may be suffering from infective diarrhoea or a irritable bowel syndrome. Have you been having constipation for a while? Get a stool test done for microscopy and culture and consult a gastroenterologist for the same.