I had one period 2 months ago is this normally for it not to be every month?

my 11 yr old had one period 2 months ago is this normally for it not to be every month?
by the way she can't be pregnant shes only just 11 and it was horrrendous, bad pain and very heavy it hasn't happened again, does this happen it was definately a period, I have endometriosis, the problem is she goes very red and upset and doesn't want to talk about it,I try to be very open, but she says its dirty and she feels horrible, I think to get her to talk to a dr would really upset her
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009