1. You should take a combination of a non sedating anti allergic (cetrizine, levocetrizine, loratidine or rupatadine) and an anti leukotriene (montelukast
). However, this also tends to make the mucus thick.
2. You should add a mucolytic (ambroxol or bromhexine
3. You may add a Nasal Steroid spray (budesonide
) as you are already under antibiotic cover.
4. You should take regular steam inhalation, 10 min at a time.
5. Oral decongestant or nasal drops may be added by your physician at his /her discretion, especially if the sinus pressure is not relieved. Discuss this with your doctor. Take these medications only under medical supervision. Review medication every week.