I had nasal drainage going down the back of my throat but still have congestion

When it all started I had nasal drainage going down the back of my throat , and felt like I couldn t take a full breath , also mild chest pain like it was full of mucus. i went to the doctor and took 10 days worth of antibiotics . When I was done with the meds., I still felt basically the same. I decided to not go back thinking it was viral. I kept getting worse after 12-15 days, i decided to go back to the doctor.. cause it was getting worse and worse.. I felt like I could barely breathe. Now I am 8 days into my 2nd set of antibiotics, and feel a bit better, but still have congestion , and drainage into my throat where is basically is draining from my nose. It is very uncomfotable, and my sinus under my eyes are full of pressure. I am not sure how to proceed. I have never had allergies, and recently was exposed to a bunch of powdery mildew from some plants. I dont know if that would have caused the problem or not. Any insight would be appreciated
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011