I had hysterectomy before. Is it necessary to go for colposcopy ?

I RECENTLY WENT FOUR MY ANNUAL GYN EXAM, WHICH SHOWED ATYPICAL CELLS, I HAD A COMPLETE HYSERECTECTOMY 5 YEARS AGO WITH ALL REG. PAPS SINCE THAT TIME. THIS TIME I RECIEVED A CALL TO COME IN TO BE RE-TESTED, WHICH REALLY TURNED INTO BE A MISTAKE, WHAT THEY SCHEDUELD ME FOR IS A COLPOSCOLPY. I AM HAVING NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER, NO DISCHARGE, PAIN. I HAVE NO CERVICE, PERIODS, CRAMPS. I AM 53. WHAT COULD THEY BE DOING AND ARE THEY JUST LOOKING OR DOES IT ALWAYS MEAN A BIOPSY WITH THIS TERM COLPOSCOPY? I AM WAITING FOR MY DR TO CALL BUT I ALWAYS GET MORE TAH A FEW OPINIONS, I HAVE WORKED FOR SEVERAL OB/GYN DURING MY CAREER. THANK YOU
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011