I had gum and tongue pain. what are the remedies for these / What should I do ?

Hi i just had my tooth looked at by a dentist and he went in to do a root canal and an hour later he told me he could not save the tooth. After wards he told me that he would schedule me an appointment the next day to get it pulled. When i came in the next day he proceeded to tell me my tooth was a little abnormal and only had one pin instead two and another dentist told him that he thought he could save my tooth. When i slept that night i had horrible tooth pain. Now my tongue feels swolen and my gums are very sensitive. What should i do ?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Sep 2010