I had an HSG done and since then I haven t had a period. Is it normal ?

I had an HSG done and since then I haven t had a period. I m 14 days late and I ve done a pregnancy test which was negative. Is it normal to miss a period ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
No its not normal to miss period after an HSG. Usually HSG is done after periods and before ovulation. You have not mentioned which day of your cycle HSG was done?? HSG has nothing to do with periods. But yes there is a possibility of getting pregnant after HSG was performed. If you are having doubts then u can repeat the urine pregnancy test after few days. Take care.
Hi there, thank you for getting back to me. I was on day 7 of my cycle. Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for just over 2 years. While I was having the HSG done I was in excruciating pain and had to stop the lady several times.