I had a tooth pulled and it was complicated. What can i do at home for the remedy ?

On monday I had a tooth pulled and it was complicated. I knew the pain was going to last longer then normal but towards the end of the week it has got worse. I called the office in the middle of the week with no call back yet. I did research and had spoke to some people believe to be a dry socket. I dont smoke and I did everything the way I was told to but like I said the tooth was complicated. Im in extreme pain and evertime air enters my mouth it is even worse. Is there anything I can do for the pain until I get back to the dentist ? He had wrote me a prescription that lasted just for a few days but it made me very sick. Thank you so very much.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Sep 2010