I had a pain, bloating after medical abortion. Is it okay to take baths ?

Hello, I had a medical abortion at seven weeks. I took the misoprostol to complete the abortion on 02/18/11, experienced severe cramping and some very heavy bleeding , all of which tapered off within ten hours of taking the misoprostol. Bleeding was very light on Saturday and Sunday, the 19th and 20th, and then on Monday the cramping got worse and the bleeding increased. It is now Tuesday and the bleeding and cramping are heavier than they were on Monday. The pain is managed pretty easily with ibuprofen and rest, so it is not severe enough to be an emergency, but along with the blood I seem to be having some mucus, clear and without any particularly bad odor, and am passing blood clots again, but small ones. I do not have a fever but feel very bloated. What would cause the bleeding to slow down so much and then start back up again? Could I have done something to disrupt the healing of the uterus wall? I don t seem to have the symptoms of infection, but I did take a bath on Sunday and I ve heard that bathing while you re still bleeding can increase the likelihood of infection. Is it okay to take baths ?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011