I had a lump on arm and back, kindly help me

I had a lump the size of a quarter on the under side of my arm that I decided to cut off. It was full of gray grit and smelled bad I am now getting one on my back that seems to be growing larger can you tell me what this is. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 17 Jul 2010
Welcome to HCM...,
Lump under arm...big size ..after cutting of this......gray and gritty..bad smell material came out from this ........means .,it could be cheese material ..more favour to Tuberculosis.....
1) hence first of all., go for....
..investigations like ESR, Manroux test and X Ray chest will confirm the Tuberculosis ( TB)
2) If confirm.., immediately consult Chest physician and take good treatment ok
good luck
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Lump under your arm may be infected lymph node or forming abscess.
If you are diabetic and lump is on the back of your neck then it may be carbuncle,otherwise it may be abscess or infected sybacious cyst.
Consult surgeon and get examined.
Ok and bye.