I had a hysterectomy and bleeding after intercourse

Hi, I had a hysterectomy (laporscopic) kept ovaries in Sept09. I had intercourse today started bleeding, this isn't the first time I've bled. But this time a piece of what looked like to be flesh fell out of my vagina. I am in no pain, but I am bleediing a little heavier then before. the flesh was clear looking but also looked like it had been stitched at some point. not sure if I should be worried, or just keep a close eye on myself.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jan 2010

I would contact your GYN. I, too, had a hysterectomy in Nov. 09 and have had no issues. The first few times I had sex there was a tint of blood but nothing major. The doctor probably placed a vaginal cuff at the top of your vagina. I would contact them and see what they say. I hope all is well!

Anonymous's Response

This could be a blood string due to clotted blood. It is normally seen in heavy bleeding. So you should get yourself examined and treated accordingly.