I had a heartattack and did not know it

Just went to Doctor for EKG and he said I had a heartattack and need more testing. He was very worried, scared me and I can not remember ever feeling like I had one. I am diabetic.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
your doctor has probably noticed some changes on your ekg that are consistent with you having had a heart attack - you also say your diabetic, people with diabetes can have what is called silent heart attacks - meaning you feel no pain but you may have felt a bit unwell. i've seen quite a few people over the years that haven't realised they have had or are having a heart attack its not that uncommon especially among diabetic patients