I had a EUS and am confused about what the results mean, could you please explain it ?

I have pancreatic insufficiency and was told it was from chronic pancreatitis . I had a EUS and am confused about what the results mean. Could someone please explain it to me. This is what the report says: Pancreatic parenchymal abnormalities were noted in the entire pancreas . These consisted of hyperechoic strands, hyperechoic foci and lobularity particularly in the head and uncinate. The body and tail had hyperechoic strands. The pancreatic duct had a beaded endosonographic appearance and was irregularly contoured in the pancratic head. The pancreatic duct measured up to 1.3 mm in diameter. Impression: Pancreatic parenchymal and ductal abnormalities indeterminant for chronic pancreatitis. Is it chronic pancreatitis?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011