I got pinkish yellow in my period. Is it normal to my first period?

Ok it is my forth day on my period. Well my period does not look red it looks pinkish yellow. Is that normal? I thought periods is red blood? So confused. Please help. I also don t know what type of tampon should I wear? I have swim class on Wednesday. I don t know if I am ready to wear a tampon or don t know how to put one on!! My friend gave me 3 . Should I just go in the pool without a tampon. Can I use a pad in the water? I am really really confused at all of this.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Don't go in the water with a pad! Here's the Tampax website with all FAQ and a How To: It shows you how to insert and remove a tampon, and answers a lot of useful questions. Good luck ^-^