I got my BP its at 150/100 and is there any risk for me ?

hi, i am a 20 yr old student and i got my bp checked today, its at 150/100 and risk for me ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
someone pls reply to my question... i am a 20yr old boy....n my parents don have high bp either....
n my weight is 70kgs. n height is 168.... had it just checked today morning....also around 3 months back i had my bp checked n then it was 140/100... went to the doc n they gave some med... it reduced after a week... today again went causally n it turns out i have 150/100... can some one help me with anything???
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, at age of 20 yrs 150/100 considered as vary high blood pressure, you should rule out the cause of it. you should get blood test for lipid profile, renal profile, thyroid profile, if you does not find any thing then get CT head also. consult it with your doc n start proper treatment as soon as possible.
At age of 20 blood pressure of 150/100 is significantly high but first of all rule out this with- Do you have any tensions now a days? Get check your Lipid profile, Blood glucose, Renal functions an dthen tell me what these all about so we can proceed further. You can contact me on