I got brown blood in my first period. Is it usual?

ok so i just got my first period today.. well i got pads and stuff but my blood was brown! is that normal and also im going on vacation next month (exactly a month) and theres going to be water.. am i going to have my period then? and will i be able to go in the water?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Dont worry about the colour! Its perfectly normal and it will often be that colour each month! As for your holiday next month, it would be hard to say if you would have your period but theres an easy way to figure it out. Count the first day you get your period as day #1, on day #28 you should get your period again. Use that to see if you will be on holidays next time you have your period and as for swimming, thats what tampons were invented for. Get someone you know and trust to show you how to use them if your uncomfortable with the thought. Good luck! :)