I got blood while clearing throat

it happens few times tht in the morning when m clearing my teeth and throat there is very light blood occurs.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
there may be two possible reasons for this may have gingivitis may have some throat infection
what i believe is that you mut be having gingivits or perodontitis , so pay a visit to your nearby dentist and get scaling and curretage done
in the mean while you can do following
1.luke warm saline rinses 6-8 times daily
2.use some gum astringent
3.hexidine mouthwash after breakfast
hopefully your condition will get better

Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

Does it come with the phlegm or after coughing?

Blood indicates that there could be a lesion in the mouth/throat. Please visit an ENT specialist to get it examined.

If there is cough, a chest x-ray and then visiting a general physician/ chest specialist will be the plan.

For further queries -