I got blood on my toilet paper. I am in recovery from an eating disorder

I am in recovery from an eating disorder. In the past few weeks I have gained back a healthy 10 lbs and have been eating very healthily and stayed active. Today I was alarmed because when I wiped myself after going to the bathroom I found a large dab of blood on my toilet paper. I dabbed again and got nothing. I checked myself and still saw no continuous flow of blood of any sort. My fecal matter was not red, yellow, or black and my stomach doesn't hurt significantly so it doesn't seem like anything is going on or rupturing inside of me that I should be worried about (I have had problems with laxative abuse before so I am pretty familiar with what symptoms of internal damage should look like.) I'm hoping that this might just be me getting my period back, although it's been so long that I don't really recognize the symptoms of the menstrual cycle anymore. I was a bit worried so I was hoping to get a professional opinion on what this might be. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Aug 2010
  Anonymous's Response
I am also in recover from anorexia and bulimia nervosa. This happened to me while I was in recovery also. Basically, if you suffered a loss of periods due to lack of body fat, then that 'clump' or whatever is the result of your body trying to do what it was made to. They should get normal after about 6mo or so. The same side-effect can happen after masturbating, especially close to one's cycle.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Since you were having an eating disorder and you did not have any periods for a long time so initially when your periods will resume you might just have some irregular intermittent spotting only and then gradually you will start having regular periods.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal