I get vaginal bleeding after having alcohol. Why?

I recently just got off of my period. I have it on time every month and keep track of it closely. More and more often when I drink I will bleed out of my vagina, not my urethra . I dont drink often, maybe every Saturday, if that. This past Saturday was the first time I had drank in 20 or so days. One hour after having started and having drank one beer and two shots and I went to the bathroom to find that i was wiping blood again, from the vagina. I dont know what is causing this but i am wondering whether or not I should be concerned? It is now Tuesday and i am still bleeding , not heavily, but somewhat.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
It is unlikely to bleed due to alcohol consumption. But if this is happening then there might be a blood disorder or a hormonal disturbance. Both the diseases can only be diagnosed on blood tests. Consult your physician for the same.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal