I get a really bad chest pain, is this serious ?

Ok over the last yr every so often I get a really bad pain in my chest . It feels like someone is squeezing my heart till it is about to burst. this goes on for about 10 min s then goes away. there is a slight dizziness after wards but then I feel fine. Its pretty rare that it happens but hurts like hell when it does my Dr didn t seem that worried and said that I should go to hospital if it happens again but there was nothing he could(be bothered) do. There was a slight numbness in my left arm when it happen last time but I may have imagined it. I didnt want to blow this out of proportion but it is kinda scary! Any Ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
I had the same sort of thing. I went to doctors again and again and they couldn't figure it out. Doctors should run an EKG, maybe check your blood... if it's nothing like that, it may be mental. I'm not saying it's all in your head, but I AM saying that something could be amiss, and it manifests itself in physical symptoms. It turned out to be panic attacks for me (which is strange because I really didn't think I was that stressed at some of the times when I was hit with the pain). All better now!