I gave up smoking 10 weeks before now have high blood pressure

I gave up smoking 10 wks ago now have high blood pressure?
I had low blood pressure - around 120 top - before I started to quit. I am stressed from giving up smoking but I didn't realise it would mean my blood pressure would go up to borderline hypertension level - 140/80 in the last month, measured 3 times by doctor, last time was 140/78. I have to go back again this week to have it tested again, but I shudder at idea of having to take medication. I gave up smoking to get healthier, not develop something like this. I have been eating well and exercising, so it's not like I've adopted other bad habits. I'm hoping it will be a temporary rise in blood pressure.....hasthis happened to anyone else?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009