I felt a sharp pain into my anus after doing some physical therapy for bulging discs

Hi, I m a 26 year old male. Was diagnosed with bulging discs at l4/l5/s1. At times I have had severe pain in lower back radiating into my hip, all the way down to my big toe. Recently, due to physical therapy, I have been getting better. So because I ve been getting better, I ve started to more exercises so I can get back into some kind of shape. But about a week ago, after doing sit-ups I felt a sharp pain from what felt like my tailbone into my anus. Since then it hurts to sit or to do certain movements . At times I feel pressure in my anus as well. Could this new pain be caused from further bulging of my discs or is it something else?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011