I feel pain in tailbone area while sitting. Do i need medical attention ?

Hi, My age is 27,I have a mild pain in my tail bone area for past 6 months. Usually pain occurs when I sit down in the Flatter surface. When I walk or when I go for sleep, I never feel any pain. My family doctor has suggested me to take a X-RAY, and the X-RAY results tells everything is normal. I wonder what could be the reason for my back pain . Doctor has given a mild dose to reduce my pain. Do I need to double check by going for MRI . Could you please advise is there any way to cure this problem. Thanks, Sairanjit
Asked On : Thu, 8 Dec 2011