I feel numbness in my knees and severe leg pain. What is causing this ?

I m 28yrs old, 5 8 and 148lbs and my left knee has been going numb for a while. I also have severe pain when i m trying to go to sleep from my hips to my ankles. I would just like to know what could be causing this. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 15. I have had 4 kids and during my last pregnancy I started having problems with my hips and lower back and ever since then it continues to feel like it s getting worse and now i m having this problem with my knees. I had one doctor tell me every woman has bad knees and then he gave me a steroid shot and told me to exercise and sent me on my way. Has anyone else had the same numbness start from no where it seems and if so please give me some helpful advice on what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011