I feel a light pulsing or ringing feeling in my hear

Once in a while i feel a light pulsing or ringing feeling in my hear. Id does not hurt. Is does not feel like my other ear, it feels like there is a blackage. What should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Aug 2010
ENT Specialist 's  Response
audiogram and xray pns take ent opinion and drugs. if not ct scan ear
Everyone experiences tinnitus sometime during their lives, even when their hearing is normal, especially when the surroundings are quiet. The pulsing feeling can be due to the normal blood flow in the inner ear. Kindly get your ears examined to rule out blockage due to ear wax (cerumen) build-up, which is the most common cause for tinnitus. Get your blood pressure and hemoglobin levels checked. You may also get a Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA) done after that to rule out any mild hearing loss. Do you have a history of excessive mobile telephone use in that ear? In that case, turn down the handset earphone volume.