I experience a irregular mild heart pain that comes and goes

Sometimes I experience a irregular mild pain in my heart as in the pain comes and stays for about 20 secs and goes away, a min later it comes again. This process usually repeat itself for around 1 hour, the time frame may be longer or shorter. I think have this problem this since young about 17 yrs old. I am now 26 yrs old. Anyone has any clue about this? Do I need a doctor? This dull ache strikes usually 2 - 3 times a year, else I am healthy.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009