I eat very slow compared to most people. Is it a problem ?

this affects my social life. i wont eat in restaurants, or don t like to eat in public because of this. maybe i m afraid to swallow a lot of food, not sure exactly. i do get a lot of flem in my throat , and a few years ago i do remember choking on something and thought i was going to die. even when i stuff my mouth and eat super fast (for me), other people who take their time finish before me.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Every individual is different.Difficult but do not compare your self with others.The possible reasons are 1.acid problem in stomach,which gives fear of eating.2.some problem in your throat.Eat small portions at a time.Do not get anxious over this,please see your family doctor.