I dont want my teeth to gradually erode or chip off. Should I get them whitened keeping in mind my transparent incisors ?

I am 21 years old and my incisors are half transparent. The bottom part of the teeth have minor (but obvious) ridges as well. I m extremely worried because I dont want my teeth to gradually erode or chip off. Furthermore, my canines have started to take a yellowish color while my incisors are still white so my teeth look like polka-dots. Should I get them whitened keeping in mind my transparent incisors ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011