I don't get my period for at least 3 or more months in a year, i am 17. Is it normal at this age ?

17 yrs ,every year I don't get my period for at least 3 or more months Greetings I am not sure if that is a very big problem or just something simple but I am a 17 year old and I had my period since I was 10 years old (yeah I was young . ) so its almost 7 years and I still have irregular period cycles... for example one year I did not get my period for 8 months and the other for 6 ... and every year I don t get my period for at least 3 or more months ... it has been bothering me :/ a few months ago I had a light period for 5 days and then no period the next month and the next two months I had my period but now its back again :( I did not have my period for the last 2 months and for some reason I feel the pms pains but its still not there =( and for some other reason I gained 2 kilograms or 1.5 kilograms in those 2 months i ddnt get my period in :/ which is weird cuz I did not really change my eating habits much... I am not sure if that s relevant , but since a few months I feel that I need more sleep and i feel more tired... i am not sure what are other important things I have to mention but I hope i gave enough information
Asked On : Wed, 22 Dec 2010