I do not have spleen,how long should i wait for cough with yellow flem to get better ?

Hi, I am 33 year old female. I started feeling sick on Saturday 1/15. It all started with a cough then into a fever , body ackes. I don t have a spleen as it was removed when I was five years old due to a car. I called kaiser last night because my fever was a high 102.1. I was able to break the fever and now my tempt. is at 98.1. I have had bronchitis before and get it atleast once a year. Because I don t have a spleen my doctor would prescribe me with an antibiotic. My main concern is I stayed home from work today to rest and to not get anyone at work sick. I am spitting up thick yellow/greenish flem. My questions are; Am I contagest? Am I only contagest when I have a fever? Since o don t have a spleen how long should I wait for this to get better? If it doesnt get better within a week should I go to the doctor and get on antibiotics? I m drinking lots of fluids and taking Motrin to keep my fever at normal tempt. I was told to take caugh syrup with MD but I have not been able to get out of beds and over to the pharmacy yet. Thank you for your response to my questions and look forward to hearing back from you.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Thanks for query,
As you have cough with fever you should go for antibiotic course.
If untreated there is all chances to produce complications like pneumonitis,spreading infection in lungs,
Take antpyretic as and when required.
Take plenty of water.
Consult physician and go for treatment.
Ok and bye.