I dislocated my shoulder during practice.

When I was 15 I dislocated my shoulder during practice but it popped back into place. more than a year later I went to a sports doc and he laid me down and pressed on my shoulder. I though it was going to hurt but it felt really good actually. he said I prly dislocated it and couldn t believe that I was just now seeing a dr about it. I did 3 months of physical therapy but shortly after my therapy was over I subluxed it in a pick up basketball game. I never went back to the dr or therapy. its been 6 years since I dislocated my shoulder and it has always been loose. I just push it back and I can feel it click/pop back ito place. its always fully funcioning but it never feels like its in its proper place. i ve gotten used to the pain but lately my shoulder has been getting worse. I just want my right shoulder to feel like my left does all the time.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

hi,i would suggest you consult an orthopaedics cause it might seem like its fine but you will need to probably undergo a surgery to prevent such future dislocations