I did meth and coke for 3 years (only recreationally)

I did meth and coke for 3 years (only recreationally). Should I be worried about my Heart?
I am 30 years old!
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
The only lasting damage you really need to be remotely concerned with is cardiomyopathy ( Assuming you've been off it for some time, and you were only an occasional user, it's unlikely that you even need to be worried about that. A cardiologist can do an echocardiogram to determine if damage occurred if you are concerned, or if you have a family history of cardiomyopathy that might make you predisposed to that kind of damage. If it were me with that history <ahem> I wouldn't be concerned unless I was exhibiting symptoms. Most short-term damage reverses itself once you stop.