1. The hum that you hear is known as Tinnitus
. Tinnitus is a common phenomenon.
2. Presence of Tinnitus indicates some hearing loss
. Have you had an audiogram?
3. The singing and chanting that you also hear is an Auditory Hallucination
. This is rare.
4. I would recommend a check up by a neurologist
to try and identify any minor stroke or blood supply problem in the auditory cortex. Get an EEG done, in addition.
5. If all investigations are normal, it means that your auditory cortex is generating a replacement for some frequencies of your hearing loss. (Most of your hearing loss will be age related).
6. Have you tried hearing aids and cognitive behavioral therapy
to mask the music?
7. You may have a psychiatrist's opinion and try medication.
8. If the above does not work, a PET CT Scan and a fMRI Scan may pick up the exact site in the auditory cortex.