I been getting palpitations n fast heart beats, kindly help

I been getting palpitations n fast heart beats but then they go away can it be because I am anxious or nervous
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
It's hard to say unless I see you in person, MOST LIKELY no, you're probably just experiencing "sinus tachycardia" a perfeclty normal heart rhythm seen during exercise and fear, it's the normal sensation of heart racing or pounding. You could also be experiencing PSVT, which is a type of fast heart rhythm, completely benign in patients with structurally sound hearts, and generally brought on by severe anxiety. If you were born with a heart defect, or if you've experienced heart attacks in the past it could be more serious, but this is unlikely in your case. If these heart palpitations cause other symptoms like dizziness or light-headedness go to the ER right away.